Next Is Tax Reform!August 3, 2017
The Business Case for ExpungementAugust 7, 2017
It’s time again for our Friday 5… our UCC staff picks of five stories you may have missed this week.
Impress your friends!
Show off at your kid’s baseball practice!
Or, just occupy 30 minutes of your time at work today.
- Economic Confidence at New High: A Rasmussen Reports poll showed 63 percent of American adults believe it is possible for anyone who really wants to work to find a job.
- Huge Rate Increases: BlueCross BlueShield, the only insurer on the South Carolina healthcare exchanges, proposed a 33 percent rate increase.
- Medical Marijuana in SC? The debate rages on, but no legislation has moved yet.
- “One of us should probably keep watch.”: Generals Mattis and Kelly agreed to a pact to keep tabs on “orders rapidly emerging from the White House.” That’s an interesting description of Twitter.
- Go Big or Go Home: Rep. Mark Meadows, from just across the border in NC, said Congress should be “big and bold” on tax reform. We agree that it’s time to start a debate that has been in the works for a generation.
Bonus: Calling all Will Smith types: you can serve your country by protecting them from….aliens? Apparently so.