Congress Acts to Give Small Businesses More Access to CapitalMay 23, 2018
Vote in the Primaries on June 12th!June 6, 2018
Before you head into your weekend, check out five articles you may have missed this week:
(As more and more legitimate news sites charge for their content, we apologize if many of these articles are behind paywalls. You have to pay for good journalism.)
- The Coalition hosted a 4th District Congressional “speed dating” event on Wednesday night. Hear what those in attendance had to say about the candidates here.
- The South Carolina Candidates for Governor have made a lot of promises on this year’s campaign trail – but can they actually fulfill those promises?
- SCANA Corp., owner of the failed V.C Summer nuclear project, is holding off on paying dividends to its shareholders among scrutiny from state legislators and a looming buyout.
- In the ever evolving talk about the proposed meeting between President Trump and North Korea leader Kim Jong Un, a top North Korean official met with White House officials this week. President Trump said today that his June 12th meeting between the two world leaders is still on.
- We’ve got some big elections coming up; and no, they aren’t in November. They’re just around the corner on June 12th. Check out this op-ed that tells you why the primaries, not the general election, are where you really make your voice heard.
Have a great weekend. Enjoy the nice weather that (knock on wood) will be returning to us.